OH MY GOD.
Nice. I mean, uh, disturbing.
The Colosseum. Beewwwwsssccchhh!!! You know what that sound is? That’s the sound of this building blowing my mind. I’m going to break down the reasons why for you.
1. It had a ticketing system with assigned entry gates and seat numbers, that all modern stadiums base their ticket methods from.
2. It had a system of retractable roof covers to keep the sun of the spectators. This makes far more sense than putting a recatable stadium in some place, oh, um, like Seattle, where it is grey 367 days a year.
3. IT HAD WATER FOUNTAINS ON ALL THREE FLOORS! Did they have plumbing? No. Be impressed.
4. There were trap doors built under the stadium floor to rase up animals and gladiators. Unleash the hounds!
5. And my personal favorite, the Romans could flood the first floor and have naval battles on ships. That I would pay money to see.
Awesome on so many levels… literally.
“The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work.
All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction.
Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case.”
If #Nanowrimo taught me anything, this it.
Lets keep reblogging this…..She needs to be home with her family…
BOOSTING! Her mom made the above post yesterday. This is going on right now.
I DON’T CARE IF THIS DOESN’T MATCH YOUR BLOG JUST PLEASE HELP OUT THEIR FAMILY
I started watching Game of Thrones about a month ago and I think I could agree most of the people I know love Arya’s spirit. I made a drawing after watching the last episode and I turned it into a poster for the con. I really wish I had more time to make one for Dany and John Snow. ( u 3 u ) And my secret ship Bran and Jojen.
Please don’t re-post, edit this picture or delete my author comment.